Wired Alarm Systems
A wired house alarm system is one where all the main components (keypad ,sensors, and sirens) are all connected to a central control panel by 12volt security cable.
Why choose a wired house alarm system for your home?
- Your property is of standard construction with easy and hidden cabling access. For example there is a roof cavity or good underfloor space to run cabling discreetly without any visible cabling.
- You have an old wired in alarm that you are wishing to upgrade. While alarm equipment does need upgrading every 12 years or so, cabling is good for 50 to 60 years, so its very cost effective to reuse the existing wiring.
- Cost! Wireless components are more expensive than wired ones. This is starting to become less significant and wireless components and often take less time to install so can often save you some money on labor. Overall, a wired house alarm is still a less expensive option.
- Little maintenance. Wireless components need batteries changed every two years and some people would prefer not to have that hassle. Modern wireless alarms though will tell you when a battery is starting to tire, with plenty of warning , but still a job to be done.
- Wired alarms are almost maintenance free apart from the occasional dusting and a mains back up battery change every 4 to 5 years.
- Consistency. A wired in alarm detection system will perform consistently all the time. Wireless alarm sensors have a” sleep mode” (to conserve battery power) so won’t always immediately be on duty… While this is not a major issue it is something to be aware of.
Not sure if you need a wired or wireless alarm?
Compare this to the benefits of a wireless alarm, or contact us for an onsite survey and quote. We will assess your property, make recommendations and discuss your options in detail so you can make an informed decision for the best home alarm protection.